2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

Hello,

I am considering buying a used 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T. It has 114,000 kilometres on it. I was curious if there were any recognised faults with this automobile and if they were difficult or expensive to remedy. This is my first car, thus I will not have a lot of cash on hand after the purchase. Is the oil consumption high?

Thanks in advance!

The 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T could be a fun first car, but be aware of some things. It might have issues with chipping paint, bad speakers, and rattles. Getting a mechanic to check it before you buy is key, especially for anything causing a check engine light. Some owners also mention higher oil use, so be prepared for regular oil checks. Repairs can be pricey, and since you mentioned a tight budget, a more reliable car might be a safer bet for your first one

Hey, I have worked at a Hyundai dealership before. What I didn’t specifically fancy about this car is its engine. Listen, it is supposed to be a sports car but somehow it has no meaningful thrust and has a 210 HP . Just isn’t right for me.

In my interactions with various owners, they have noted that the 2.0T engine in the Genesis Coupe can consume oil more quickly than expected. It’s essential to check the oil level regularly and ensure the car receives regular oil changes according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.

Embarking on my journey with cars, I’m eyeing a used 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T, my first potential purchase. With 114,000 kilometers on it, I’m cautious about any common faults and their potential costs. From research and advice, issues like turbocharger failures and oil consumption have been noted with this model, which could be pricey to fix. Specifically, some owners report higher oil consumption, potentially necessitating more frequent checks and refills. Given my budget constraints post-purchase, understanding these potential maintenance costs is crucial before making a decision on this particular vehicle.