2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Reviews

I’m currently in the market for a new car and have my eye on the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. I’m drawn to its combination of style, fuel efficiency, and features, but before I make a decision, I’d love to hear from current or past owners about their experiences. Specifically, how has the hybrid system performed over time? Have you encountered any unexpected maintenance issues or costs? Also, how does the Sonata Hybrid fare in terms of comfort and overall driving experience on longer trips? Your insights would really help me weigh my options effectively. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The 2016 Sonata Hybrid delivers an excellent combination of efficiency, comfort, and value that makes it a top contender in the midsize hybrid sedan segment.

A class action lawsuit is pending about specific motors. I would look into that.

I really enjoyed driving the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. It provided a smooth and fairly speedy ride, with a 2.0L four-cylinder engine and electric motor producing 193 hp for quick acceleration. The hybrid powertrain delivered excellent fuel economy, with the base model getting an estimated 52 mpg combined. Inside, the Sonata Hybrid had a premium cabin with high-quality materials and comfortable seating for five. It also offered generous cargo space at 13.3 cubic feet. While the transmission could be a bit balky at times, overall the 2016 Sonata Hybrid was a well-rounded midsize hybrid sedan that provided a great balance of efficiency, performance, comfort and value.