Anyone dealt with a low beam headlamp going out on their Hyundai?

So, I’ve got this issue where my passenger side low beam headlamp keeps going out. I tried swapping the bulb, and it worked for like a month, but now it’s out again. The weird thing is, my daytime running lights are still working fine. Plus, there’s this dashboard warning light saying there’s a blown bulb. The driver’s side is totally fine though.

I did a continuity test on both the original and replacement bulbs, and they seem to be okay. So now I’m thinking it might be a fuse or relay issue? But here’s the thing, I can’t seem to find any info in the owner’s manual about which fuse or module controls the low beams. And I’ve checked online too, but no luck.

It seems like a bunch of other owners are having the same problem finding the right fuse or relay location. Anyone here know where I should be looking for this stuff?

Any help would be much appreciated!

My Hyundai’s low beam just crapped out on me! Anyone else been there? It’s a bummer, especially since replacing a headlight can be a bit of a hassle.

Before I dive in and start tinkering, I wanted to see if others have battled this and what they found. Here’s what I figured out so far:

• Double Check the Simple Stuff First: Sounds obvious, but sometimes it’s the little things. Is it just a burnt-out bulb? Those are relatively easy to replace yourself, and they’re not super expensive. [online source about replacing Hyundai Sonata headlight bulb]
  • Maybe It’s a Fuse: Cars have fuses for pretty much everything, and the headlights are no exception. If the fuse blew, it might explain the dead headlight. The owner’s manual should have a diagram showing which fuse controls the low beams. Fuses are usually cheap and easy to swap too. [online source about Hyundai Sonata fuse box diagram]
  • Beyond the Basics: If it’s not the bulb or the fuse, things get a bit trickier. There could be an issue with the wiring, the switch, or even the headlight assembly itself. In those cases, it might be best to take it to a mechanic to diagnose the problem.

While I’m hoping it’s something simple, knowing what else it could be is helpful. If anyone has any experience with replacing a Hyundai low beam headlight, or fixing a related problem, hit me with some tips! Especially if there’s a way to do it myself without getting in over my head.