Help me understand P0404 Code in Hyundai Cars

Hi people …

I need some advice regarding an issue with my Hyundai. The check engine light came on, and after a diagnostic scan, I got a P0404 code. I understand this is related to the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system, but I’m not sure what it means specifically for Hyundai cars.

Can anyone explain what the P0404 code indicates for Hyundai vehicles and what might be causing it? Is this a common issue, and how urgent is it to fix? Should I attempt to handle it myself, or is it best to take it to a professional mechanic? Any tips or experiences with this code on Hyundai cars would be really helpful.

1 Like

I recently faced the same issue with my Hyundai when the check engine light came on, and a diagnostic scan revealed the P0404 code. It turned out that my EGR valve was clogged with carbon deposits, causing it to malfunction. I decided to take it to a professional mechanic who cleaned the EGR valve and checked the associated wiring and connectors. After the repair, the check engine light went off, and my car’s performance noticeably improved.

That sounds like a relief! Keeping up with maintenance can really make a difference, especially when it comes to issues like that. Have you noticed any other improvements in how your car runs since the repair?

A P0404 code often indicates a potential problem with your car’s exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system.