Hyundai 5w20 vs 5w30. How do they compare and which is the best?

1 Like

I’ve been running 5w20 oil in my Hyundai and it’s like having a thin athletic outfit on the engine :yum:. It flows easily in cold weather for quick starts and helps save gas. On the other hand, 5w30 oil would be like a slightly thicker jacket for the engine. It might provide a touch more protection in very hot weather, but most folks say the difference is minor. Honestly, for most driving conditions, the 5w20 should be just fine! Check your owner’s manual to be sure though, that’s always the best bet. :100:

1 Like

For the last decade, I’ve consistently opted for 5w30 oil. However, I recently discovered that the manual actually advises using 5w20.

2 Likes

Both 5w20 and 5w30 motor oils are suitable for different conditions. 5w20 is ideal for colder climates and might offer better fuel efficiency due to its lower viscosity, while 5w30 provides enhanced protection against wear and is a better choice for warmer climates. However, the best oil for your Hyundai depends on the specific model, the climate, and your driving conditions. Always refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual or consult with a professional mechanic to determine the best oil for your specific vehicle. Using the correct oil is crucial for the longevity and performance of your engine.

2 Likes

The user’s preference is crucial, but here are the essential points:

Refer to your Hyundai owner’s manual to determine the recommended oil weight. It will indicate whether both 5w20 and 5w30 are suitable.
When uncertain, opt for 5w20 as per the manufacturer’s guidance, for a safer choice.
Consider 5w30 for hot climates or high mileage vehicles, but seek advice from your mechanic for personalized recommendations.

2 Likes

I Hope this breakdown will help; When it comes to Hyundai cars, in terms of engine oil, 5W30 is usually the safer bet. It’s like a shield, providing extra protection when things get hot or when your car is carrying a heavy load. But, if you’re all about fuel efficiency, or you’re living in an icy area, then 5W20 might suit your car better.

1 Like