I10 Radio keeps resetting itself

Hey everyone,

I am new here and seeking advice regarding my wife’s 2008 i10.

The radio has been working fine until this morning, when it started resetting itself completely. It loses all radio settings and the time, and this has occurred overnight and continues to happen at random intervals while driving. The car itself starts and runs fine, so I don’t suspect there’s an issue with the battery.

I suppose the first step would be to check the fuses, but from what I’ve read, the stereo system seems to be problematic for many people.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any other suggestions? It’s the PA710 model, if that makes a difference.

Many thanks,

Troubleshooting the Resetting Radio in Your Wife’s 2008 Hyundai i10 PA710:

1. Verify the Fuses:

Even though the car starts fine, it’s wise to inspect the fuse related to the radio. Refer to your owner’s manual for the fuse box diagram and locate the fuse designated for the radio. A blown fuse could be causing the radio to reset intermittently.

1. Perform a Radio Reset:

Some Hyundai radio models support a soft reset procedure. Review your owner’s manual to check if there’s a specific button combination or sequence to reset the radio to its factory settings. This may resolve minor software glitches causing the resets.

1. Check for Loose Connections:

Loose connections between the radio and the car’s wiring harness can sometimes lead to malfunctions. If you’re comfortable with automotive repairs, cautiously disconnect and reconnect the radio harness to ensure a secure connection. Take care to avoid damaging any wires or connectors during this process.

1. Seek Professional Assistance:

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it may be prudent to consult with a mechanic who specializes in Hyundai vehicles. They can diagnose the problem accurately and recommend appropriate repair solutions.

1. Utilize Online Resources:

Explore online forums and communities dedicated to Hyundai repairs. Searching for terms like “2008 i10 PA710 radio reset” or “2008 i10 radio settings reset issue” could provide insights and solutions shared by other owners who have encountered similar radio problems.