Is the Hyundai Elantra reliable?

Hi everyone, I just got a 2022 Elantra SEL. I’m curious, are these cars reliable over a long time? Have people had any big problems, especially with the transmission? If you’ve got experience with one, I’d love to hear about it. Thanks!

The Hyundai Elantra typically proves dependable, boasting a longevity spanning between 200,000 to 300,000 miles. However, it’s advisable to steer clear of the 2013 variant due to known engine problems. J.D. Power consistently awards it ratings ranging from the high-70s to high-80s out of 100. RepairPal gives it a commendable score of 4.5 out of 5, with typical yearly repair expenses averaging around $452. It’s always wise to consult reviews specific to the year model you’re considering.

Hey there, The Hyundai Elantra is really dependable. Withclutch.com says it gets a score of 69.25, making it super reliable. Among Hyundais, it’s one of the best, giving the brand a great reputation.

I own a 2017 SE, which has performed admirably with 87,000 miles on the odometer, except for its tendency to go through spark plugs rather quickly. I’ve had to replace them twice, but it hasn’t been a major issue. Additionally, I’ve had to deal with ignition coil problems, which were likely exacerbated by the issues with the spark plugs. Despite these challenges, I’m aiming to push the mileage to 300,000, hoping for continued reliability.