Need advice on this Check forward safety system

Does anyone know how to fix or reset this issue? I’ve tried tinkering with the settings to disable it, but it’s completely greyed out and I can’t select it. Is anyone else having this problem? There don’t seem to be any bugs or obstructions blocking the front sensor, and it’s still plugged in as far as I can tell. I’d like to unplug it to reset it, but my hands won’t fit, and I really don’t want to remove the front bumper! Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hey there,

Dealing with a “Check forward safety system” error can be frustrating, especially when the settings are greyed out.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the Owner’s Manual: The manual might have specific instructions on how to troubleshoot or reset the forward safety system. It’s worth consulting to see if there’s any guidance provided.

2. Battery Disconnect: Disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it can sometimes reset electronic systems in the vehicle, including the forward safety system.

3. Visit a Dealership: Consider visiting a dealership or contacting the manufacturer’s customer support. They may have encountered similar issues before and could offer advice or solutions specific to your vehicle.

4. Professional Assistance: If the issue persists, it might be best to seek assistance from a professional mechanic or technician who has experience working with the forward safety system and electronic components of your vehicle.

Remember to prioritize safety when attempting any troubleshooting steps.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with my Hyundai’s Forward Safety System. After hours of frustration and almost considering removing the front bumper, I stumbled upon a solution that didn’t involve dismantling my car. Here’s what you can try: Firstly, ensure that your car’s battery is disconnected for safety. Then, locate the fuse box, usually found in the engine compartment or under the dashboard. Look for the fuse related to the Forward Safety System. It should be labeled in the fuse box guide. Remove the fuse for about 10-15 minutes, then reinsert it. This action should reset the system. After reconnecting the battery, check if you can access the settings again. If the issue persists, it might be worth contacting your Hyundai dealership for further assistance. Best of luck!

1. Turn off your car completely. Park and engage the parking brake.
  2. Open the hood (bonnet for some countries). Most cars have a lever to release it inside the car by the driver’s seat.
  3. Locate your car’s fuse box. It’s usually a black box with labeled fuses under the hood. Check your owner’s manual for the exact location if needed.
  4. Find the fuse for the parking sensors. The manual should have a diagram showing which fuse controls what. Look for something labeled “parking sensors” or “front sensors.”
  5. Carefully remove the parking sensor fuse using the fuse puller tool (usually included in the fuse box). It’s a small plastic tool that helps you grab the fuse safely. If your car doesn’t have one, you can sometimes carefully remove the fuse with your fingers.
  6. Wait 10 seconds. This gives the system a chance to reset.
  7. Put the fuse back in.
  8. Close the hood and start your car.
    i hope this will be of help.