P1326 Hyundai Sonata

P1326 - Engine struggling - Sonata Sport 2016 2.4L

Hello everyone,

This morning, I encountered a blinking engine light and my engine is unable to exceed 1500-2000 RPM. Upon diagnosis, it’s indicating error code P1326. Additionally, the engine is now refusing to start altogether.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue before? Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

The P1326 error code in Hyundai vehicles, especially in the 2016 Sonata Sport 2.4L, typically points to complications with the engine’s knock sensor or its wiring. This code activates the Hyundai Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS), designed to avert engine failures by controlling power output, hence the RPM limitations observed. The steps to consider include:

1. Knock Sensor and Wiring Issues: Faults in the knock sensor or its wiring harness are the primary culprits behind the P1326 code, necessitating either repair or replacement.
  2. Hyundai Engine Recall and Warranty Extension: In response to engine issues, Hyundai has issued recalls and extended warranties for specific models. It’s crucial for the owner to contact a Hyundai dealership to determine if their Sonata is eligible, potentially reducing repair costs significantly.
  3. Seek Professional Diagnosis: Due to the diagnostic complexity and the possibility of broader engine issues, professional evaluation from a dealership or a mechanic experienced with Hyundai vehicles is recommended.
  4. Address Promptly to Avoid Further Damage: Disregarding this code can result in more severe engine damage. The car’s system reduces power to protect the engine, but without timely intervention, the problem may worsen.

In essence, it’s advised to inspect the knock sensor and wiring, inquire about recalls or warranties, get an expert diagnosis, and swiftly resolve the issue to prevent further damage.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re dealing with a serious issue. The P1326 error code typically points to a problem with the ignition control module or the ignition coils. Given that your engine is now refusing to start altogether, it’s crucial to address this promptly. I recommend consulting a professional mechanic or taking your Hyundai to a dealership for a thorough inspection and repair.

1 Like