What are the different symbols commonly found on Hyundai dashboards?

What are the various dashboard symbols in Hyundai vehicles, and what do they signify? I am looking to understand the meanings behind these symbols to ensure I can effectively monitor my car’s performance and address any issues promptly.

Here are some of the common dashboard symbols in Hyundai vehicles and their meanings:

1. Supplemental Restraint System Light: Indicates a malfunction in the airbag system or seatbelt pretensioners.
  2. Parking Brake & Brake Fluid Light: This light comes on when the parking brake is applied. If it stays on after the brake is released, it indicates low brake fluid level.
  3. Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light: This light indicates low engine oil pressure. If it comes on while driving, stop the car, turn off the engine and check the oil level.
  4. Seat Belt Warning Light: This light comes on if the driver’s seat belt is not fastened when the ignition is turned on.
  5. Charging System Warning Light: This light indicates a malfunction in the vehicle’s charging system.
  6. Door Ajar Warning Light: This light comes on when a door is not fully closed.
  7. Trunk Open Warning Light: This light comes on when the trunk is not fully closed.
  8. Hood Open Warning Light: This light comes on when the hood is not fully closed.
  9. Master Warning Light: This light can be caused by malfunctions in certain safety features or electrical systems or can indicate that your vehicle is due for a scheduled maintenance service.

These are just a few of the many symbols that might appear on your Hyundai’s dashboard. The symbols follow a color code: green symbols indicate that a feature is activated, yellow warning lights alert you of a possible system issue, and red warning symbols show that a malfunction or mechanical trouble has been detected.

If a warning light comes on, especially if it’s red or yellow, it’s recommended to take your car to a repair shop to check it out.