What's the tire pressure for a Hyundai Sonata?

A message showed up on my car’s dashboard. It’s asking what tire pressure the Kumho tires that came with the car need.

1 Like

Taking a road trip in my Hyundai Sonata soon. What tire pressure should I use for optimal performance and fuel efficiency?

1 Like

The recommended tire pressure for a Hyundai Sonata typically ranges between 32 to 35 psi (pounds per square inch), but always refer to the owner’s manual or the sticker inside the driver’s side door jamb for the precise pressure for your specific model and tire size.

My son recently advised me that tire pressure varies. Even after reading the recommended pressure from the manufacturer’s vehicle manual, you should know that temperatures, speed, terrain, and load determine the pressure. Its okay to be on the higher limit than the lower limit

For the Kumho tires that came with your Hyundai Sonata, the recommended tire pressure is typically between 32 to 35 PSI. This range ensures optimal performance, fuel efficiency, and tire longevity.

In my own Hyundai Sonata, maintaining the tire pressure within this range has been very conducive to a smooth and stable ride. It helps improve fuel efficiency and ensures even tire wear, which in turn extends the lifespan of the tires. Regularly checking and maintaining the correct tire pressure also provides better handling and braking performance, enhancing overall driving safety.

The appropriate tire pressure for a Hyundai Sonata is 34 psi for both front and rear Kumho tires. This is the cold tire pressure level, meaning it should be checked when the tires are cold, as heat can increase tire pressure. If the pressure exceeds this then you should consult a mechanic.