Why is my AC blowing cold and then warm air?

Yesterday, I noticed that the air conditioner in my 2017 Tucson isn’t working right. When I set the AC to high and the temperature to the coldest setting, it blows cold air for a while, then warm air, and keeps switching between the two. I haven’t changed anything about the car since I bought it. It has 13,000 miles on it and just had an oil change at the dealership a week ago.

Do you have any ideas about what might be wrong? I’m thinking of taking it to the dealership to get it checked. Would they charge me, or would it be covered under the warranty?

Since your Tucson is relatively new and has low mileage, it’s likely still under warranty. I suggest taking it to the dealership for a diagnosis. I just got back from my appointment, which was set for 2 p.m. and wrapped up by 3:30 p.m. They replaced the thermistor and now the AC is blowing super cold without switching to warm air. It seems the problem is resolved.

It sounds like your 2017 Tucson’s air conditioning issue could potentially stem from a refrigerant leak, a faulty compressor, or electrical problems, given its intermittent switching between cold and warm air despite setting it to maximum cooling. Since your car is still relatively new and recently serviced at the dealership, it’s advisable to take it back there for inspection. Typically, air conditioning systems are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty if the issue is related to a defect rather than wear and tear. The dealership can diagnose the specific problem and inform you whether it’s covered under warranty, which would likely include repair costs. It’s a good idea to clarify any potential diagnostic fees upfront to avoid surprises.