2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD 3.3L Engine Failure

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD 3.3L and about 39000 miles. The engine has failed and needs to be replaced. I have some questions that maybe some of the readers can help/answer…

1. Will Hyundai replace it with a new engine ? If not then if the replacement is with a refurbished one then will it be from Hyundai or from the street (junk yard, or second hand market) ? What is the warranty on the replaced engine ?

2. I have Hyundai Platinum protection plan. So will I get a rental for the time my Santa Fe is unusable ?

3. The dealer said that I was not entitled to a replacement vehicle ? Is that true as the vehicle falls under standard 10 year / 100 K warranty plus I have the Platinum protection…

@Maverick I’m sorry to hear about the engine trouble you’re experiencing with your 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. In situations like these, it’s natural to have questions about the replacement process. Typically, under warranty, Hyundai will provide a replacement engine, but whether it’s brand new or refurbished may vary. It’s advisable to reach out to Hyundai directly for clarification on the source of the replacement engine.

Regarding the warranty on the replaced engine, details should be outlined in your Hyundai Platinum protection plan. This plan should specify the duration and coverage of the replacement engine, providing you with peace of mind.

As for a rental vehicle during the repair period, it’s worth checking your warranty and protection plan documents. Some warranties include provisions for rental car reimbursement, but this may vary.

Lastly, regarding entitlement to a replacement vehicle, while your Santa Fe falls under the standard 10-year/100,000-mile warranty and you have the added coverage of the Platinum protection plan, eligibility for a replacement vehicle during repairs can depend on various factors. It’s advisable to discuss this matter further with Hyundai or your dealership for clarity on your specific situation.