2011 hyundai sonata front bumper

My 2011 Sonata’s front bumper is broken. The mechanic says it’s due to damage and that a clip underneath has broken, causing the bumper to stick out. They suggested either gluing it back or replacing the bumper for $900. The front end is low to the ground, and we don’t recall any major impacts aside from maybe hitting a couple of potholes. It seems like the part isn’t very durable. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing issues with the front bumper of the 2011 Sonata. Personally, I recently had a similar problem, indicating that the bumper clips and mounting tabs can be a weak point on this model.
It seems that the durability of the bumper clips and tabs could be a concern for the 2011 Sonata
Therefore, to prevent the bumper from spoiling, we should learn to drive carefully due to the low clearance at the front of the vehicle.

1 Like

Before deciding on whether to glue the bumper back or replace it, you might want to get a second opinion from another mechanic or body shop.

I had a similar issue with my car. The front bumper clips can be pretty flimsy, especially with a low car like the Sonata. Potholes and small bumps can break those clips over time. If it were me, I’d probably go for the replacement if I planned to keep the car for a while. Anyone else had this problem and found a good solution?"