2013 Elantra brake light

Then left side brake light went out the other day. I replaced the bulb with the correct 2357 bulb(twice), but it still doesn’t work. It lights up when the taillights are on but not when you press the brake pedal. My first guess was bad socket, but today I noticed the left side turn signals were flashing faster that the right side. All turn signal bulbs are working, just flashing faster. Now I’m thinking, ground. God I hate electrical, gremlins!!
Any ideas or insight would be appreciated. Than

1 Like

Your vehicle’s electrical issue might be due to bad ground, a faulty brake light switch, a blown fuse, damaged wiring, or a flasher relay issue. Check these components and consider professional help if needed.

1 Like

It sounds like you may have a faulty ground connection causing the brake light issue and the faster flashing turn signals. Check the ground connection for the left side brake light and ensure it’s secure and free of corrosion. If the issue persists, you may need to trace the wiring for any damage or further testing may be necessary.

Maybe you should try testing the voltage at the socket when the brake pedal is pressed. You should notice a voltage difference when the brake pedal is pressed or depressed.