2013 Hyundai Elantra steering coupler

Hello guys , I have an issue here.
When I turn the steering wheel, I hear a clicking sound on both sides (right or left). I watched some videos on how to fix it, and I feel prepared to do it this weekend. Has anyone else tried this before? Do you have any advice?

1 Like

Ah, that clicking sound when turning the steering wheel can be quite annoying, right? But kudos to you for taking the initiative to tackle it yourself, unlike me—I went to a professional instead.

One tip I’d offer is to double-check the source of the clicking noise. It could be something as simple as a loose bolt or a worn-out component. So, before diving into the fix, try to pinpoint where exactly the sound is coming from. This will make your troubleshooting more focused and efficient.

Also, gather all the necessary tools and materials beforehand to avoid any last-minute runs to the store. It’s always frustrating to get halfway through a project and realize you’re missing a crucial tool!

1 Like

If you’re still set on tackling it yourself, proceed with caution.

Make sure you have the right tools and replacement parts for your specific car model.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, that clicking sound was driving me nuts, so I figured I’d give it a shot myself before heading to the pros. Pinpointing the exact source sounds like a smart move—I’ll definitely do that before getting started. And you’re spot on about having all the tools ready to go; there’s nothing worse than getting stuck mid-project.

Appreciate the tips!