2014 Santa Fe 75,000 Miles—Engine Recall Approved but Remanufactured? Need Advice on Costs and Warranty

I have a 2014 Santa Fe with 75,000 miles, and the P1326 engine recall was quickly approved for a replacement engine. However, they said the replacement would be a remanufactured engine of the same type. I’m wondering why they’re not providing a new engine.

They also suggested replacing the motor mounts for $700 and the hoses (upper and lower) for $600. Is it worth paying for these additional services?

The car has been garage-kept in Florida, and I need to make a decision in 1-2 days. They mentioned that the replacement engine would only have a 1-year warranty, but I haven’t received any documentation or paperwork, just an estimated bill. I want to make sure I get everything in writing and understand exactly what I’m getting, but they haven’t been very forthcoming.

Any thoughts or advice? Thank you!

When considering the replacement engine, ask the dealership about the possibility of getting a new one instead of a remanufactured engine.

For the additional services, decide based on your car’s condition and your plans for future ownership.

Always obtain written documentation for any repairs, including warranty terms, and if necessary, seek a second opinion from another mechanic.