2022 Kona Sloshing noises after electronic thermostat repair

I drive a 2022 Kona with 20,000 miles on it. Yesterday, the dealership replaced my electronic thermostat and changed the car battery under warranty. However, today I noticed a sloshing noise coming from the dashboard. The car’s temperature appears normal, and there are no engine or warning lights on. I contacted the dealership, but they scheduled me for a 10-day appointment. Is it safe to drive the car with this sloshing noise in the dashboard?

3 Likes

It’s best not to drive your car until the sloshing noise is investigated. Even though there are no warning lights, it could indicate a potential issue with the cooling system or HVAC. Contacting the dealership was the right move, but if they can’t see you sooner, consider getting a second opinion from a trusted mechanic. Safety first!

2 Likes

Although it sounds like it’s coming from the opposite side of the fire wall, my car too makes this noise. Though it doesn’t seem to be a problem, I think it might be interfering with the engine. Is coolant perhaps being pushed through?

1 Like

@Puck Initially, I believed that the water in the water wall and the clogged AC drain were sloshing around. However, I later understood that it was probably coolant pumping through because of an air pocket. There are eleven days left before my appointment begins. Hopefully, till then, my car doesn’t overheat or just maintains a comfortable temperature.

1 Like