Has anyone experienced higher RPM than expected after cleaning the throttle body, specifically encountering code P0507?

Hey there! :wave:
So, I recently tackled the task of replacing the spark plugs on my Santa Fe XL 3.3L. All went smoothly until I decided to clean the throttle body. I may have gone a bit overboard and pushed the valve to clean inside as well. Now, the engine seems to be revving higher than it should, and the check engine light popped on, showing code P0507.

Do you think I messed up the throttle body/valve, or could there be another issue at play here?

Any advice on what my next steps should be? Thanks in advance! I’ll be sure to share more details once I figure this out, hopefully with some helpful tips for anyone else attempting this DIY adventure!

Experiencing higher RPMs after cleaning the throttle body and getting a P0507 code, indicating high idle RPMs, is common. This could be due to improper cleaning, damage during cleaning, or a need for a throttle body relearn procedure. Also, check for vacuum leaks or loose electrical connections. If these issues persist, a relearn procedure or a check by a professional mechanic may be necessary.

Hey there! It sounds like manually adjusting the throttle valve during cleaning might have caused the high revving and the P0507 code. Here are some steps to address it:

1. Recheck Your Work: Make sure everything was put back correctly and that no connectors or hoses were damaged or disconnected.
  2. Reset the Throttle Body: Disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the system. This might help recalibrate the throttle position.
  3. Inspect for Vacuum Leaks: Check for any leaks in the seals or hoses around the throttle body.
  4. Throttle Body Relearn Procedure: Some vehicles require a specific procedure to relearn the idle settings after throttle body work. Check your vehicle’s manual for instructions.
  5. Seek Professional Help: If the issue persists, consider getting a professional mechanic to diagnose and resolve the problem.

Sharing your experience after resolving the issue will surely help others in the DIY community! Good luck!