Help me understands 2022 Kona P0302 Code

I bought my Kona new in October 2021, and it currently has 3,1xx miles on it. Yesterday morning, when I started it, the check engine light came on, and I received this message from Bluelink: “A possible condition with your Engine Control System has been detected with your 2022 KONA.” I contacted the dealership to get it checked out/serviced, and the first available appointment isn’t until March 14th. The service manager told me to take it to Autozone and have them run a quick diagnostic check, which showed the P0302 code (misfire in cylinder 2 detected, Last occurrence-minimum signal).

The car runs fine (I had an appointment yesterday so had no other choice than to drive it), with no hesitation, rough idling, issues with acceleration, etc. Could this just be a fluke error, or should I not drive it at all? This is my only mode of transportation, and I need to get to and from work!

1 Like

Misfire code P0302 in an automobile can worsen with extended driving. Seek a mechanic if dealership repair is delayed for safe transportation.

1 Like