How do I start my Hyundai using the key?

If my key fob dies on my 2019 Hyundai Tucson Night edition, is there another way to start the car? Also, how can I tell when the key fob battery is getting weak and needs to be changed?

3 Likes

Is your 2019 Hyundai Tucson Night Edition key fob broken? Not to worry!

For backup, the majority of Hyundais feature a manual key concealed inside the fob.

To locate and use this key, consult your owner’s handbook.

Weak battery indicators include: button lights not working, fob has to be closer, or slower reaction.

When you notice these, change the battery!

2 Likes

Alex , what do you mean? With a key , its even obvious

2 Likes

Hello, Alex To replace the battery or press the start button, use the key. When you foot on the brake and press the start button with the key fob itself, it should start.

If the key fob battery for your 2019 Hyundai Tucson Night edition dies, you can still start your car using the mechanical key. Here’s how:

Using the Mechanical Key:

1. Find the small slot at the edge of the key fob.
  2. Use a flathead screwdriver or similar tool to gently pry it open.
  3. Remove the old battery and replace it with a new CR2032 battery (positive side facing up).
  4. Snap the key fob back together.
  5. Test it to make sure it works properly.

Signs of a Weak Key Fob Battery:

• Reduced range for remote locking/unlocking.
  • Dim or flickering indicator lights on the key fob.
  • Difficulty starting the car using the push-button start.

Regularly check and replace the battery to avoid unexpected issues.

hey just do this, just Insert the key fob into the slot, ensuring the button faces up if the slot is in the center console. If the slot is in the glove box, the buttons should face the glove box. Press the brake and push the start button. Once the engine starts, you can remove the key fob from the slot.

1 Like

Hello, for you to start your Hyundai Using keys, you will to Insert the Hyundai key fob into the slot and ensure that the button is up, if the slot is in the center console. The buttons should face the glove box if the slot is in the glove box, press the brake and push the start button and once the engine is running, you can now remove the key fob from the slot.