How Does Hyundai Roadside Assistance Compare to AAA?

How Does Hyundai Roadside Assistance Stack Up Against AAA?

Hi everyone, I’m planning a 300-mile trip next week. I used to have AAA, but since I got my new Santa Fe Sport with Hyundai’s 5-year free roadside service, I didn’t renew my membership.

Has anyone had experience with Hyundai’s roadside assistance? Is there a difference in service quality? Would it be wise to renew my AAA membership as a backup? I’d appreciate any advice you have.

2 Likes

I’d hang on to AAA for the hotel discounts, but that’s just my opinion. The savings more than cover my membership fee each year.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, in the UK, Hyundai roadside assistance is subcontracted to the RAC, which is similar to AAA in the US. If you have a breakdown, AAA might be the one that shows up anyway. However, I’d expect it to be a basic service that will tow your car to the nearest Hyundai dealer if they can’t fix it on the spot.

Hyundai’s roadside assistance has come a long way, but AAA is still the gold standard for many.

While you might get lucky with Hyundai’s service, there’s no guarantee of speedy assistance or availability, especially during peak travel times.

AAA offers a wider range of services and often has a larger network of providers. For a 300-mile trip, having that extra peace of mind with AAA might be worth the cost.

Weigh the potential risks against the cost of an AAA membership and decide what’s best for your trip.

Hyundai Roadside Assistance Pros:

• Free for a certain period, includes basic services like towing, jump starts, and lockout assistance. Cons:
  • May have limitations on towing distance and service providers, especially in remote areas.

AAA Roadside Assistance Pros:

• Extensive network of service providers, additional benefits like discounts, and generally faster response times. Cons:
  • Requires a membership fee.

Factors to Consider:

• Trip Length and Location: AAA may provide better coverage for long trips or remote areas.
  • Frequency of Use: Frequent roadside issues may justify the AAA membership fee.
  • Additional Benefits: AAA offers extra perks beyond roadside assistance, such as travel planning and discounts.