How to Turn Off TPMS Light in 2016 Hyundai Tucson + Dashboard Sensor Issue?

Hey peeps…

I’m hoping someone here can help me out with a couple of issues I’m having with my 2016 Hyundai Tucson.

1. TPMS Light: The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on my dashboard keeps coming on, even though my tire pressure is fine. Is there a way to reset this manually? I’d rather not take it to the dealership every time this happens if I can avoid it.
  2. Dashboard Sensor Issue: My dashboard is also indicating that there’s an issue with the rear headlight, but when I checked, everything seems to be working perfectly fine. I’ve had this issue before, and the dealership said it’s an electrical problem with the sensor. Is there a way to reset or bypass this sensor myself? It’s frustrating to keep bringing the car in just to have it reset.

Has anyone dealt with similar issues on their Tucson? Any advice or step-by-step instructions on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated. TYIA

To turn off the TPMS light on a 2016 Hyundai Tucson, follow these steps:

Disconnect the Battery: Remove the negative terminal of the battery.
Drain Residual Power: Press and hold the horn for 5 seconds to drain any residual current from the electronics.
Wait: Leave the battery disconnected for 5 minutes.
Reconnect the Battery: Reattach the negative terminal.
Drive: Drive the car at highway speeds for at least 20 minutes to allow the TPMS to reset.

Let us try yo tackle the TPMS Light issue first,

Check your tires, Even if they seem fine, double-check the pressure.
Reset manually, If the pressure is good, most modern cars have a TPMS reset button.

Check your owner’s manual for instructions. It’s usually located near the steering wheel.
Battery issue, If resetting doesn’t work, the TPMS sensor’s battery might be weak. Have it checked at a tire shop.

As for the Dashboard Sensor Issue,

There might be a loose connection or damaged wire. Inspect the headlight assembly and wiring but If the wiring seems okay, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. This sometimes resets electrical systems.

If these steps don’t solve the problem, it might be a more complex electrical issue that requires a professional to diagnose.