Hyundai check bsd system

Since Wednesday, I’ve been seeing a warning when I start my car in the morning. It says “Check BSD System.” It’s like a caution sign with an orange exclamation mark. It stays on for a few seconds to five minutes and then goes away. But when it’s there, the Blind Spot Detection system doesn’t work. After a visit to the dealer, they found a problem with the battery voltage and cleared it, but the warning came back the next day. They didn’t really fix the issue; they just erased a message. I called them again and got another appointment for Wednesday.

The manual says to take it to the dealer for this problem, but I’m wondering if there’s anything simple I can do myself to fix it. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Blind Spot Detection (BSD) relies on sensors in your car’s bumpers. It’s possible something is blocking them (like dirt or snow buildup) or they might be malfunctioning. You can try carefully cleaning the sensor areas (consult your manual for location) but avoid using harsh chemicals.

The problem may arise from:

• Dirty Rear Bumpers: Sensors are mostly placed in the rear bumpers hence affected when there is dirt and any other foreign substances on the bumpers. This can mainly be solved by thoroughly cleaning your vehicle and paying special attention to the bumpers.
  • Wiring Issues: The BSD system relies on two sensors located on the rear bumpers. Wiring connects these sensors to the dashboard system. If these wires short-circuit or break, communication between the system and sensors is disrupted. This problem can be solved by inspecting the wiring and cables that connect the BSD system to the sensors and repairing any broken or loose wires.
  • Faulty Hardware
  • Code and Software Updates

It is advisable to seek a professional services incase the problem continues.

The Hyundai Blind Spot Detection (BSD) system employs sensors to warn drivers of vehicles in blind spots, aiding in safe lane changes.

If a ‘Check BSD System’ alert appears, it may signal dirty sensors, electrical issues, or outdated software. Regular maintenance can prevent such problems

Click on the scanner, located within the BSD module. Navigate to the left side and select the “Blind Spot Detection Calibration” system test. This process sets your BSD radar after a replacement has been completed.