Hyundai class action lawsuit engine

Right now, I’m waiting for Hyundai to give me a new engine because my old one is part of a lawsuit. I want to know if the new engine will have any warranty.

1 Like

The warranty for your new engine should be outlined by Hyundai, typically covering defects and malfunctions. It’s advisable to check with your dealership or Hyundai customer service for specific details regarding the warranty terms for replacement engines.

Yes, the replacement engine from Hyundai due to the lawsuit will typically come with its warranty, offering some peace of mind regarding future reliability and performance.

1 Like

Hyundai settlement extends powertrain warranty to 15 years/150,000 miles for specific repairs on qualifying engines.

Check if yours applies

1 Like

It’s best to directly ask Hyundai for the specific terms of the warranty on the replacement engine to ensure you have all the correct information.

Because this warranty may vary, but it often covers the engine for a certain period or mileage

2 Likes

Yes, Hyundai typically provides a warranty for replacement engines, especially if it’s related to a lawsuit. The terms can vary, so it’s best to directly ask Hyundai for the specific warranty details.

1 Like

The class action lawsuit revolves around allegations that Korean automakers Kia America and Hyundai Motor America failed to equip certain models with immobilizers, potentially making them more vulnerable to theft, as stated by Hagens Berman.

2 Likes