Outrageous Costs

Dealerships wouldn’t have such a bad reputation if they didn’t regularly try to overcharge their customers.

I bought a filter for $13 and installed it myself in under 5 minutes. I probably would have paid the dealership to do it, even at twice the cost, for the convenience.

But $74.26?

This outrageous pricing not only cost them extra revenue during my visit (since I declined) but also reinforced my negative feelings towards the dealership. All this happened during my quick 5-minute installation at home.

I guess enough people are willing to pay these exorbitant prices to make it worthwhile for the dealership, despite irritating all the other customers who decline these overpriced services. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yeah, dealerships often overcharge for simple stuff like filter changes. It’s annoying and makes them look bad.

2 Likes

The majority of these expenses are covered by insurance for repairs, or by people who have no idea about cars and their upkeep.

When my vehicle was at the Hyundai dealership, all expenses were paid for by my insurance. I consented to everything on the list, even the tyre rotation, when I received it.

1 Like