P1326 code Hyundai error code

Hi, I am brand new to this forum and was unsure where to post. I just bought my daughter a 2019 Hyundai Tucson this past December. This past Friday on her way home from school her engine light came on and she took it to Firestone. I believe from what I have read, it is in limp mode as it will not accelerate above 40 miles per hr or so. They got the P1326 code and said we needed to take to the dealership.
I called and made an appointment for tomorrow at 945am at dealership. From everything I have read about the code, it looks like it may have the theta 2 engine that was recalled? I am so nervous that it will be something horrible and it won’t be covered. it has 62k miles.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

The occurrence of error code P1326 stems from vibrations signaling excessive wear in the connecting rod bearings. These issues can be readily identified through the Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS). Given the potential for severe engine damage and failure, this device alerts the driver to early stages of bearing wear.

1 Like

It sounds like the P1326 code might relate to the Theta 2 engine recall. Given the symptoms and mileage, taking it to the dealership was the right move. They can confirm if it’s part of the recall and covered under warranty. It’s best to wait for their diagnosis.

1 Like

You’re right to be concerned about the P1326 code, as it’s related to the Theta II engine recall in certain Hyundai models. Since your Tucson is a 2019 model with 62k miles, it’s likely affected by the recall. The good move is taking it to the dealership for diagnosis. If the issue is related to the recalled engine, Hyundai should cover the repair costs. However, there’s a possibility it may not be covered if the problem is unrelated to the recall. Gather all service records and be prepared to advocate if needed. Addressing it promptly is wise.