P1326 Hyundai error code

Hello, I’m new here and not sure where to put this message. I got my daughter a 2019 Hyundai Tucson in December. Last Friday, while she was coming home from school, the engine light turned on. She took it to Firestone. It seems like the car is in “limp mode” because it won’t go faster than around 40 miles per hour. They found the code P1326 and said we should take it to the dealership.

I called and made an appointment for tomorrow at 9:45 am. I’ve read that this code might be related to the recalled theta 2 engine. I’m worried it could be something serious and not covered. The car has 62,000 miles on it.

Hopefully, it’s something minor, but at least the dealership can give you a clear picture.

Here’s what you can do:

Take the car to the dealership tomorrow like planned. They should be able to diagnose the problem definitively and confirm if it’s related to the recall.

In the meantime, you can check Hyundai’s recall website to see if your daughter’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) falls under the Theta 2 engine recall.

Have the service advisor at the dealership aware of the P1326 code and your concerns about the recall when you take the car in."

The error code P1326 for a Hyundai Sonata indicates a problem with the Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS). This system is designed to detect excessive bearing wear, which could lead to engine failure. The code suggests that an atypical vibration signal has been detected, which the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) picks up as an indication of damaging connecting rod bearing wear.
The error may result from rod bearing clearance, and knock sensor failure.
The error can be fixed by fixing the engine inspection and potential repair and replacing the knock sensor or repairing the wiring may fix the problem.

I also recommend that you immediately visit a mechanic for professional fixing of the error.

Given that the car is relatively new and has quite a few miles on it, it’s understandable to be concerned, especially considering the possibility of it being related to a recall on the theta 2 engine. It’s great that you’re being proactive about it and getting it checked out.

Anyway on your dealership appointment tomorrow talk to them about the problem. Ask if it’s related to the recall and if it’s covered by warranty. Good luck with the repairs, and hopefully, your daughter’s car will be back on the road soon!

Error code P1326 occurs due to vibrations indicating excessive connecting rod bearing wear . You can easily detect them using the KSDS (Knock Sensor Detection System). Since severe engine damage and failure are possible, this device notifies the driver about a preceding phase of bearing wear.