Please guide should I get a Tuscon?

Hey everyone,

I’m seeking some advice and insights, please.

Last week, I had my first experience driving a Hyundai, specifically a Tucson N-Line S. It was a rental provided by my company for a two-day conference trip.

Initially, I wasn’t thrilled about driving an SUV. Comparing to my colleagues who got a Mercedes coupe and a BMW 5 Series, I felt somewhat unlucky. However, my perspective shifted drastically after actually driving the Tucson.

I was incredibly impressed by its performance and features. So much so, that I’ve now set my sights on getting one for myself. My girlfriend and I have a three-year-old daughter and another child on the way, making our current Ford Focus too small for our needs.

Upon joining this subreddit, I anticipated discovering all the positive aspects of Tucsons. However, instead, I keep coming across numerous horror stories about them encountering issues.

Hence, my question: Are there specific models or years of Tucsons that tend to be more reliable? I drove a '73 plate, which was brand new, but I’m hesitant to invest twenty or thirty grand in a slightly used one if it’s prone to problems.

I’d greatly appreciate any guidance or recommendations. Should I pursue a Tucson and if so, which ones are known for their reliability? Or would it be wiser to explore alternative SUV options?

Thank you all for your assistance!

The 2025 Hyundai Tucson is a chic-looking choice among compact SUVs. If you prioritize comfort, practicality, and a stylish design, the Tucson could be a great choice. However, if you’re seeking more spirited performance, other compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, or Volkswagen Tiguan might be better suited for you.

Of course, there are always other great options out there.

The Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V are known for their reliability in the compact SUV space.

If practicality is key, minivans offer a ton of space and comfort these days.

Deciding whether to get a Tucson depends on your specific needs and preferences.
The Tucson is a popular choice in the compact SUV segment, known for its comfortable ride, user-friendly features, and good fuel economy.
If you value these qualities and are looking for a reliable and practical SUV, the Tucson could be a great choice.
However, it is always a good idea to test drive the vehicle and compare it with other options in the market to ensure it meets your expectations.