Reviews on 2013 Hyundai Accent GLS?

Wasup folks,

I’m considering buying a 2013 Hyundai Accent GLS, and I’d like to hear from anyone who has owned or driven one. Specifically, I’m interested in:

• Performance and fuel efficiency
  • Interior comfort and features
  • Reliability and maintenance costs
  • Overall driving experience and any notable pros and cons

Any insights or personal experiences would be really helpful in making my decision. Thanks a lot…

3 Likes

If you are looking for more power and control, opt for the manual transmission. It typically experiences less drivetrain power loss compared to most vehicles.

3 Likes

JD Power rates the car’s dependability at five out of five, which is higher than the industry average.

2 Likes

One is mine. 180k is still going strong. It’s OK with routine maintenance. The 1.6 seems a bit underpowered when compared to more recent, comparable models. But it’s excellent in the snow and decent on petrol. I just drove a Kia Rio (2021), and in contrast, the gearbox was really smooth. However, that’s technology and improvements in automotive design. I just sold it because it was a manual and I needed something more comfy because I also had a 2010 accent and had to sit in more traffic. If not, I would have retained that.

1 Like

Throughout the five years I had a 2012 Accent, I experienced no serious problems. The tyres needed to be replaced, which was the most costly repair I had to undertake.

Traded it in recently for a new Ioniq at 135K miles.