What are common issues discussed in the Hyundai Talk forum about Hyundai Sonata?

Hey guys, I’ve been thinking about getting a Hyundai Sonata, but I want to do a bit of research first. Do any of you know what common issues people talk about in the Hyundai Talk forum about the Sonata? I want to be aware of any potential problems before making a decision.

Many Sonata owners, including myself, have experienced the car pulling to one side, making it hard to keep centered in the lane. Despite trying alignments, toe adjustments, new tires, and even fixing the steering coupler issue, the problem persists. Dealerships often say it’s normal, but it’s unsafe and needs to be addressed. If you have a 2012-2014 Sonata with this issue, let’s unite and push Hyundai to issue a recall.

1 Like

In a crash, my first Hyundai saved my wife’s life. Just got a new engine for my second Hyundai after 70k miles. It’s been a good car all around.

Hi Flippa… If you’re considering a Hyundai Sonata, it’s important to be aware of some common issues reported by owners. Users on the Hyundai forums have noted problems with the engine, such as carbon buildup on the intake valves in GDI engines, which can affect performance if not addressed regularly. Transmission issues, like rough shifting and hesitation, are also commonly discussed, particularly in models with higher mileage or the N-Line variant. Other concerns include electrical problems and issues with the hybrid models’ oil pumps. It’s always a good idea to thoroughly research and potentially have a pre-purchase inspection done to ensure you’re making an informed decision​