What Changes Came with the May 5, 2023, Hyundai Map Update?

Have you guys seen the May 5, 2023, Hyundai map update? I’m curious what changes it brings. Has anyone tried the latest update yet? I just downloaded it but haven’t installed it in my car yet.

3 Likes

I’ve always installed the updates immediately, but they’ve been buggy and I’ve had to redo them. This time, I want to wait a few days to see if others report any issues before I try it myself, hoping I only have to do it once. It’s funny because the updates usually seem fine at first, but bugs show up later, which I find odd. I’ll install it next week since I’m traveling right now.

2 Likes

It’s the opposite for me. I did the last two updates without any issues.

The only thing I didn’t like about the last update was the change in the navigation voice. I have a 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL (2.5, AWD, with navigation and power tailgate).

1 Like

Unlike on the 2023 Genesis GV70, my update on the 2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy appeared to have been done in 2 stages:

1. First part took about 20-25 minutes after which the system rebooted and I saw the “restoring data” for more than 5 minutes.
  2. After that the system rebooted again and the second part to about 1 hour.
    I had all past updates done. I do not remember past updates being done this way.
1 Like

I can only guess that your 2023 Genesis didn’t get the October 2022 update.

The October update had to be re-released multiple times due to bugs, including one that caused people to lose all radio functionality.

Because of this, the May update includes a two-step process: first, it installs a patch for the October 2022 version, then it installs the actual May 2023 update.

My guess is that since your 2023 Genesis wasn’t eligible for that fall 2022 update, it didn’t include that step. Your Santa Fe, however, was eligible for that update (even if you didn’t install it), so it goes through that step.