What does the P0014 code ('B Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1') indicate on a Hyundai i10 Active?

When I took my car for its MOT test, the tester ran a diagnostic check and found the P0014 code, which says ‘B Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1.’ I don’t understand what this means.

Today, while driving, I noticed the engine light turned on. I went to the shop, and by the time I left to drive home, the engine light had turned off. Can anyone explain what’s going on with this code and the engine light coming on and then going off?

Thanks.

1 Like

my uncle has a hyundai and and was advised went to their service center,when explaining the hyundai problems to the mechanic, he was told to mention the specific code (P0014). and was additionally told to, inform the mechanic about any recent engine repairs or maintenance, as it could be relevant to the problem.

1 Like

Was the code erased, or is it still logged? If not erased, check to see if the light comes back on before spending money on parts that may not be needed.