What is Hyundai Engine Replacement?

Hi Pals,

I’m facing a situation where I might need to replace the engine in my Hyundai. Has anyone here gone through a Hyundai engine replacement before? What was your experience like? How did you decide on a replacement engine, and what were the costs involved? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance…

1 Like

Hyundai Engine Replacement is the name of a program or service that Hyundai Motors offers to replace engines in its cars that are either underperforming or malfunctioning. This can include situations in which the engine failed as a result of wear and tear, errors in production, or other problems covered by the warranty.

Replacing an engine is a significant investment. Factors like the engine type, labor costs, and any additional parts needed will affect the overall price. Consider options like a used, rebuilt, or new engine based on your budget and the engine’s condition. Get multiple quotes from reputable mechanics or Hyundai dealerships. It’s essential to verify the engine’s history and warranty if buying used or rebuilt. Be prepared for additional costs like coolant, oil, filters, and labor for installation. Thoroughly research and compare options before making a decision.

I lost my 2013 Sonata on October 20th. Once Hyundai authorized the engine replacement, I was told I would receive a loaner vehicle. I believe they hold off on approving till they find an engine. as a new engine was delivered in less than 36 hours after approval. The new engine makes for a dream drive.