What type of oil should I use for a 2017 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L, and how often should the oil be changed?

There seems to be some confusion about the best oil type and change interval for my car. The manual recommends either 5W-30 or 10W-30 oil, with changes every 7,500 miles.

The oil cap sticker suggests 5W-20 oil and a 7,500-mile change interval as well. However the dealer advised using synthetic blend 5W-30 oil and changing it every 4,000 miles.

I should probably consult a reliable source, like the manufacturer’s website or a trusted mechanic, to clarify what’s best for my car.

Hyundai recommends changing your 2017 Santa Fe’s oil and filter every 3,000-5,000 miles for conventional oil, or 7,500-10,000 miles for synthetic oil. Always check your owner’s manual or consult your dealer for exact service intervals.

Your car’s manual is usually the gospel, but sometimes dealers and stickers can throw a wrench in the works.

The best bet is to stick with the manual’s 5W-30 or 10W-30 and the 7,500-mile change interval.

Synthetic blend is fine, but not mandatory. If you’re unsure, a quick chat with Hyundai customer service or a trusted mechanic can clear things up.