When should I change the transmission fluid in my Hyundai?

When should I do that? I have a 2014 Santa Fe AWD with 77,000 miles

2 Likes

For your 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD with 77,000 miles,I will recommended to change the transmission fluid every 30,000 to 60,000 miles and that is what i with mine.
However, it is essential to check your vehicle’s manual for the manufacturer’s specific recommendations.

2 Likes

I think most dealers recommend a 50K mile interval, for me I check regularly for any grindings as a sign to change

2 Likes

The experts at Steele Hyundai will recommend changing the transmission fluid in your Hyundai at least once every 50,000-100,000 km.

1 Like

Hyundai’s Guidance:

As outlined in the owner’s manual for many Hyundai models, including certain Santa Fe variants, the transmission fluid is labeled as “lifetime-filled” under typical driving circumstances. This generally implies that no fluid change is necessary throughout the vehicle’s lifespan.

Nevertheless, there are factors that could warrant deviation from this recommendation:

1. Severe Driving Conditions: The owner’s manual often delineates “severe” conditions as frequent stop-and-go traffic, towing heavy loads, or predominantly mountain or off-road driving. If your Santa Fe is subjected to these conditions regularly, an earlier transmission fluid change may be advisable compared to normal usage.
  2. Vehicle Age: Despite moderate usage, transmission fluid deteriorates over time. While Hyundai may classify it as “lifetime” fluid, some mechanics suggest a change around 60,000 to 100,000 miles as a precautionary measure, particularly for older vehicles.
1 Like

In each case, check it every 48 months if that comes sooner. However, under severe driving conditions, you should replace the automatic transmission fluid or IVT fluid every 60,000 miles, while manual or dual-clutch transmission fluid needs changing every 70,000 to 80,000 miles.

Change it every 4years

After about 60,000 miles of intense use you should replace it