Why is Hyundai denying me a new engine?

Hey everyone. I have a 2015 Sonata, and the engine failed on me. My local mechanic mentioned a class action lawsuit that should provide coverage for a new engine. However, after waiting for two months for the dealer to inspect my car, they denied the warranty claim. They’re saying my mechanic replaced the valve cover gaskets improperly, but my mechanic insists that’s not true.

I’m feeling stuck. Are there any options available to me in this situation? Thanks to anyone who can offer some guidance!

Just sue em motherfuckers. No joking with your dollars :eye_in_speech_bubble:

Since your car is a 2015 Sonata I remember hearing about a class action lawsuit for some Hyundai and Kia engines with those years. Maybe that’s what your mechanic was thinking of? This situation is best tackled with a legal eagle in your corner. A lawyer specializing in car warranties can translate all the legalese and help you figure out the next steps.

If Hyundai is denying you a new engine, there could be several reasons for their decision. Here are some potential explanations you can consider when responding to this question:

1. Warranty Coverage: Hyundai may be denying your request for a new engine if the issue you’re experiencing is not covered under the warranty terms. It’s essential to review your warranty documentation carefully to understand what repairs or replacements are included.
  2. Maintenance and Service Records: Hyundai may require proof of regular maintenance and service to validate warranty claims. If you haven’t followed the recommended maintenance schedule or if there are gaps in your service records, this could impact their decision to provide a new engine.
  3. Evidence of Misuse or Neglect: Hyundai may deny your request if there is evidence of misuse, neglect, or improper vehicle care that contributed to the engine issue. This could include factors such as failure to change the oil regularly, overheating the engine, or other forms of neglect.
  4. Pre-Existing Conditions: If Hyundai determines that the engine issue existed before you purchased the vehicle or was caused by factors outside of their control, they may deny your request for a new engine. This could include issues related to previous accidents, modifications, or aftermarket parts.
  5. Technical Assessment: Hyundai may conduct a technical assessment of the engine issue to determine the root cause and appropriate course of action. If they determine that the engine can be repaired rather than replaced, they may deny your request for a new engine.
  6. Appeals Process: If you believe that Hyundai’s decision to deny you a new engine is unfair or unjustified, you may have the option to appeal their decision. This could involve providing additional evidence, seeking a second opinion, or escalating the matter within Hyundai’s customer service or warranty department.

When responding to this question, it’s important to provide any relevant information or documentation that supports your case and to remain respectful and professional in your communication with Hyundai. If necessary, consider seeking legal advice or assistance from consumer advocacy organizations to help resolve the issue.