Why is my tire pressure light blinking?

Recently, sometimes when I start my car, the TPMS indicator light blinks. It usually stops within a minute of driving (or maybe even when idling, but I’m usually in a hurry, so I’m not sure). At first, I thought it might be because of cold weather, but it happens even on warm days. I’ve checked all the tire pressures, and they’re all fine (not even close to being low).

The manual says a malfunction is when the light blinks and then stays on. What could it mean if the light blinks but doesn’t stay on persistently? Could it be a communication issue?

2 Likes

Hello, your tire pressure light is blinking simply because to indicates that there is an issue with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) which needs to checked.

1 Like

Consult your car’s manual again specifically for the blinking TPMS light behavior

1 Like

Hello, Check the tire pressures with a gauge and inflate them to the manufacturer’s recommended levels.

A blinking tire pressure light is an indicator that there’s an issue with your Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) rather than the air pressure in your tires themselves.