Why should I NOT buy a Hyundai?

Explain everything you guys know and do your Worst!!!

3 Likes

@Lashun Although Hyundai vehicles offer great value, they have some common issues:

• Unreliable electronics
  • Inflated MPG numbers
  • Engine problems in the 2011 Sonata
  • Airbag and steering issues in the Elantra
  • Tucson transmission failure
  • 2012 Santa Fe engine failure

However, Hyundai has improved its reliability in recent years. Newer models, such as the 2020 Palisade and 2019 Santa Fe, are considered reliable, and Hyundai’s warranty is highly rated.

1 Like

Thanks for highlighting common issues with older Hyundai models, like electronics, engines, and transmissions in the Sonata, Elantra, Tucson, and Santa Fe. However, recent models like the 2020 Palisade and 2019 Santa Fe show improved reliability. Hyundai’s excellent warranty offers peace of mind. Thorough research is essential when considering any vehicle.

2 Likes

Here the truth no one will tell you about Hyundai Cars

2 Likes

Historically, the Hyundai vehicles have not held their value as well as some competitors. If you are concerned about the long term financial implications of depreciation, this could be a factor to consider. The quality control is some how bad, with some models worse than others, the maintenance costs is higher than other brands and this is partly because Hyundai uses specialized parts and technology in their vehicles, which can be more expensive to repair or replace. Compared to other brands, Hyundai cars may not hold their value as well.

I’ve repaired a great deal of them. I advise staying away from Hyundai and Nissan vehicles. And I realize that just because I fix a lot of them doesn’t imply they’re all bad, but I would be furious if the dealership told me that my $3,200 repair on a 2020 Nissan Pathfinder was maintenance and wasn’t covered by warranty.

1 Like

The maintenance cost of the car is pretty high, cumulatively it will be like buying another car

Every Hyundai service department I’ve interacted with has been a disaster. There is always something. I wouldn’t buy another Hyundai because of this.

1 Like

What the heck? That is absurd. I have always liked VQ35 and VQ37 engines. Has anything been altered to compromise the dependability of the more recent 3.5s?

My 2017 Sonata itself has been great! No problems, just routine maintenance. I actually like it more than other affordable mid-size sedans I’ve tried. However, every single Hyundai service department I’ve been to has been a hassle. That bad experience would make me think twice about buying another Hyundai.

If you don’t have any money, you can’t purchase the car mf:joy: :joy:. However, because I am wealthy, I am unable to purchase a Hyundai because, in most situations, they have engine issues.

1 Like

Rowland said that was overly harsh:joy: :joy: However, the car’s faulty electronics are what deter me from purchasing it.